- It can be used for weight loss by stimulating pressure points in the body, which release endorphins and promote better health
- Acupressure points for weight loss include Zusanli (ST36), Xuehai (SP10), Sanyinjiao (SP6), and Zhongwan (CV12)
- Acupressure mats can help with weight loss by reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation, and relieving pain
- Using an acupressure mat in different positions can help promote weight loss and balance the body
- Combining an acupressure mat for weight loss with other healthy lifestyle habits can provide the best results.
Are you looking to lose weight?
Do you feel your lifestyle is not delivering the desired results?
Well, an acupressure mat for weight loss may be the answer that you are looking for.
These mats work by using pressure points on the body.
This stimulation helps release endorphins into the bloodstream, relieving pain and promoting better health.
Think of it as a soothing self-massage.
Losing weight can be challenging, especially with the hustle and bustle of modern life.
However, modern problems don’t always require modern solutions.
Acupressure treatment has been around for centuries and is proven to reduce anxiety and stress – and we all know what impact cortisol has on our weight.
This post will discuss the different acupressure points for weight loss and how they can help you achieve your desired results.
We will also recommend positions that are best suited for weight loss.
So, if you’re looking to shed a few pounds, read on to learn more about acupressure for weight loss!
How Does Acupressure Work?
Acupressure, like acupuncture, is a form of alternative traditional Chinese medicine that uses pressure to stimulate specific points in the body.
It is done to relieve pain, promote blood stimulation, and encourage healing naturally.
Acu-mats are specifically designed for this purpose and are also great for weight loss.
Some of these pressure points may even influence your appetite; the stimulation helps melt fat cells.
If you’re considering incorporating this as part of your routine, an acupressure mat for weight loss is an excellent option.
It’s easy to use and portable, so you can use it anywhere, any time you want.
Acupressure Points for Weight Loss
To kick things off, you must first identify specific pressure points in your body.
Let’s take a look:
This point focuses on the stomach meridian that influences the organs, abdomen, and digestion, affecting overall energy.
Interestingly enough, this point is located about 3 inches below the kneecap.
Let’s move up to about 2 inches above your kneecap where the Xuehai is located.
This pressure point impacts blood sugar levels, which is especially relevant to diabetes patients.
Sanyinjiao is also known for its ability to control your appetite as it influences the lower abdomen and the parasympathetic nerves.
It is located about 3 inches above the bone on your inner ankle.
Another pressure point, about 4 inches above the belly button, also influences the abdomen, internal organs, and intestines.
It relates to improved digestion and improved appetite control.
Don’t be disheartened after reading this section – finding these pressure points is not complicated.
How does Acupressure Mat help with weight loss?
Weight loss can be challenging, but acupressure mats can help make the journey a little easier.
They are a popular weight loss tool because they pressure the body at specific points.
This stimulation can help reduce inflammation and improve blood circulation.
Plus, acu-mats come in many different types and sizes, so they are versatile.
Whether you want to lose weight or improve your overall health, use the acupressure mat to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
The benefits of an acupressure mat are beyond what you think.
It does not just help you to lose weight but also benefits you in various ways.
Unfortunately, obesity is synonymous with chronic pain in many cases.
The extra pounds add extra strain to the joints, leading to inflammation and discomfort.
This discomfort causes a vicious cycle- you are too sore to exercise, which leads to more weight gain.
You need quality sleep to keep your hormones balanced and in check -including the hunger hormones.
Acupressure mats are not only great for relieving pain in various areas, but they also help to reduce stress and tension.
This, in turn, leads to better sleep, which leads to a happier, healthier you.
Beat the bloat and stimulate the whole digestive system with this mat that can work on pressure points throughout your body.
In addition to helping regulate digestion, it can tone the abdominal muscles- so it is a win-win.
Acupressure mats are ideally suited for reducing cellulite because they, as we’ve mentioned previously, help increase circulation, which in turn helps break down fat cells.
The tiny spikes massage underlying tissues, improving elasticity and dissipating fluid retention.
How to use an Acupressure Mat for Weight Loss
There are a variety of acupressure mat positions you can use to help promote weight loss.
Remember that different areas on the mat will work better for different people, but try diverse ways to use it to balance the entire body.
Do not be discouraged if your first attempt isn’t successful – keep practicing!
- Flat on your back: That’s it! Lie on the mat, relax, breathe, and let the little spikes eat away at the tension. Keep a shirt on, as the spikes might feel overwhelming on your bare skin.
- Flat on your stomach: Cross your arms below your head or grab a pillow. Again, lay and relax your stomach and chest on the mat to stimulate your digestive organs.
- “Up Dog:” What’s up dog? If you practice yoga, you already know. Keep your thighs on your lower stomach on the mat, but press down with your hands to lift your torso off the floor. Note that this is not the plank position. You want to keep your lower body firmly on the mat.
- Forward fold: Sit on the mat with your legs stretched out before you. With a flat back, stretch out as far as you are comfortable and try to touch your ankles.
- Stand on the mat: Sit on a chair with your bare feet on the mat for an excellent reflexology session. If you want a more intense sensation, stand barefoot on the mat.
It’s More Than Just Pins and Needles
As we’ve seen, acupressure mats are a great way to help you lose body weight, keep you balanced, and are safe to use.
By applying pressure to specific points of your body, you can help to reduce inflammation, stress, and even insomnia.
This, in turn, helps to control your appetite and help you to lose weight.
Combining an acupressure mat for weight loss with other healthy lifestyle habits will give you the best results – so ensure you’re getting enough exercise and eating a balanced diet!
Reinette Robbertze is a highly qualified professional in the health and nutrition industry, having completed both Journalism and Nutrition diplomas. With a remarkable portfolio of health blogs and magazine articles to her name, Reinette’s writing is fueled by her genuine passion for healthy living. Drawing on her academic background, Reinette delivers authentic and insightful information to her readers. Her engaging writing style, blended with personal anecdotes, creates an immersive experience that keeps readers engaged and informed. Keep following her work for the latest updates and informative articles on health and nutrition.