Weight loss challenges have become increasingly popular.
The goal of any of these challenges is to lose weight. But, beyond achieving the goal, the important thing is to achieve it healthily.
Participating in a challenge to lose weight can bring us a series of benefits. From aesthetic benefits such as seeing us slim and toned to health benefits such as controlling cholesterol and insulin levels, etc.
Winning a weight loss challenge goes beyond achieving the goal. It is about obtaining a series of benefits that will bring health to our body as a consequence.
Before you start weight loss challenges there are a few things you need to know first. Read on to find out what a weight loss plan consists of and how to achieve and maintain healthy habits. This is part of any weight loss challenge.
Set realistic goals
Importance of setting realistic weight loss goals
Thinking about setting a reasonable weight goal to reduce excess body fat is a good strategy.
Usually, people often tend to set high and unattainable goals. Obese people set higher weight goals and are more disappointed when they don’t reach them.
By setting an achievable goal weight, the chances of success in losing weight are greater. Without a doubt, establishing a target weight is a technique for obtaining better results in less time.
Setting a realistic weight goal lets you control how your metabolism responds to intended or unintended lifestyle changes.
How to determine a healthy and achievable weight loss goal
To set weight loss goals you must follow a smart plan. That is, it can be followed, and it is easy to reach the goal. The following characteristics will help you determine a specific weight loss goal:
State your goal by including specific numbers and information.
Measure your progress
Think about how you will measure your success. Will your measurements be based on body weight, waistline size, or exercise capacity?
Choose the measurable variables that you consider.
Set an achievable goal
Ask yourself: Do you have the resources, drive, and time to achieve your goal?
If the answer is yes, your goal is achievable. If the answer is no, rethink your goal.
It is acceptable to set an ambitious goal as long as it is feasible and achievable.
Set time limit
Give your goal an expiration date. To maintain momentum over time, break it down into smaller goals.
It is important to note that lasting weight loss requires patience. Always stay motivated, and you will see that little by little, you will begin to see results.
The best way to complete your weight loss goal is by making a plan.
Make a plan
Why create a personalized weight loss plan?
When it comes to losing weight, it’s important to design a strategy that meets each person’s needs. Individuals differ from one another in terms of their genetics, as well as their metabolic rate. So everyone will respond differently to the same weight loss treatment or plan.
Knowing that you should choose a weight loss program that is made for you and not someone else is crucial. This is if you want to lose weight and keep it off. The program should meet your unique needs and lifestyle.
One diet will not work for everyone because everyone has a different lifestyle, gene pool, and metabolism rate.
Like a custom-made piece of clothing, you must find a diet strategy that works for you.
Your chances of success are significantly higher if the weight loss program was created thinking of you instead of someone else.
What to do to accelerate the results of a weight loss plan?
If you follow your weight loss plan properly, you will most likely get good results. However, there are some things you can do to speed up the results; some of them are:
Incorporate healthy eating habits
Good eating habits will always play a role in favor when losing weight. But best of all, it will make weight control sustainable over time. Some healthy eating habits are as follows:
- Make starchy carbohydrates with more fiber the foundation of your meals.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Increase your intake of fish by including some oily varieties.
- Sugar and saturated fat should be reduced.
- Consume less salt; adults should consume no more than 6g daily.
- Drink enough water.
- Never forego breakfast.
Practice regular exercise
Practicing some sport or physical activity will help you burn calories. A body in constant motion will burn more calories than one constantly resting.
Taking care of your diet and exercising is perfect for a slim and healthy body.
Have measurable variables in the plan
Having a measurable variable over time will allow you to see progress and at the same time, motivate yourself.
For example, if you want to reduce your waist and it measures 85 centimeters, that measurement can be your reference variable.
Every week you can measure the centimeters of your waist and see how much you have reduced. Ideally, follow up weekly or every 15 days.
Once the plan is established, it must be completed energetically and enthusiastically. To achieve this, it is important always to stay motivated.
It is important to establish strategies that allow you to give a boost and generate motivation to reach the goal. Some of the strategies to stay motivated during a weight loss plan or program are:
Discover why you want to lose weight
Spend some time reflecting on the primary reason(s) behind your change of heart. Your “Why” is frequently the driving force behind your weight loss efforts. Ask yourself what you intend to gain from this change.
Think about the change
Start identifying with the person you must change into to reach your weight loss objectives. Thoughts and words have tremendous power.
Be motivated by others
Hearing how someone else dropped a lot of weight can occasionally be exactly what you need. Seeing others successfully lose weight is not only motivating but also gives you hope that you can do the same.
Enjoy the process of losing weight
The capacity to enjoy the journey is a crucial component of achieving long-lasting benefits. Take on the challenges, devise new strategies for overcoming them, and challenge yourself daily.
Put consistency above perfection
When it comes to weight loss, consistency may be the most crucial element.
Attempt to refocus your attention away from how quickly or accurately you reach your weight goals and toward making steady progress.
Failure does not spell doom. Failures in the weight loss path are just a few speed bumps. Even better, you might benefit from viewing failure as a chance to improve your strategy and resolve.
Once you have reached your goal, it is important to maintain the results over time. To do this, you have to work on all the good habits learned during the challenge.
Maintain healthy habits beyond the challenge
Making a weight loss plan goes beyond losing weight. Once you reach your goal, you cannot abandon everything you have built with so much effort.
As you drop those extra pounds and inches, you should focus on maintaining your healthy weight. To achieve this, it is important that you can maintain the habits that you maintained throughout the journey.
Forget the old habits you used to wear. Keep in mind that those habits made you obese and not at all healthy. Focus on how you are in the present and how you want to stay: slim and healthy.
Here are some tips to maintain healthy habits and thus stay at the ideal weight:
- Identify healthy habits.
- Establish what you get thanks to each healthy habit.
- Define a relapse prevention action plan.
- Set reminders and notices to follow your healthy habits.
- Monitor and analyze progress.
- Reward achievements.
It is important to note that there are challenges that can often go against health. Feeding should never be sacrificed to lose weight. That’s why we emphasize “healthy weight loss”. That’s why Mark Hyman, M.D is right when he says:
Weight loss tips
- Don’t forget that workout is vital to speed up the weight loss process. That is why in any challenge to lose weight, full-body training must be present. Training, whether cardio, weights, or any sport, helps you achieve the caloric deficit necessary to lose weight.
- Intermittent fasting is another way to lose weight for many. But many times it is not suitable for all people. It has some disadvantages such as losing muscle mass, and a tendency to get dizzy from spending many hours without eating.
- If you’ve already signed up for a 30-day weight loss challenge, congratulations. A one-month weight loss challenge is one of the most popular plans today. They allow you to see results quickly as long as they are done properly.
- Counting the number of calories can be useful if you are planning to weight-loss. A nutritional specialist can help you calculate the calories you need to consume daily. Remember that these data are personalized for each person.
- Black coffee can help you lose weight. This drink is stimulating and speeds up the metabolism. A cup of coffee without sugar before training will give you energy throughout your training.
- A challenge will help not only to lose weight, but it will also give you motivation. After completing it you will learn that any goal can be achieved if you execute it with love and effort.
- If you’ve been overweight for years, the healthier way to get in shape is by making an eating plan. You can try a challenge of this style for 30 days. With a one-month plan, you can achieve positive progress and determine if this type of challenge is suitable for you.
- In case you didn’t know, there are also challenges for weight gain. Not everyone wants to lose weight, there are many people who also want to gain weight and muscle mass. That is why once again it is confirmed that each plan or challenge must be personalized. But above all, taking care of the wellness of people.
- If you want to lose weight, forget about junk food. If you see this type of food in a diet plan, rest assured that it is an unhealthy challenge. In consequence, the results will not be the best.
Start a weight loss challenge
Doing a weight loss challenge is what you may need to eliminate those extra pounds. But, it is crucial to understand the difference between healthily losing weight and losing weight fast.
By being aware of this, you can select a healthy and long-lasting weight loss regimen. The focus should always be on it being durable; that is, sustainable over time.
The chances of losing weight with a personalized strategy are higher than following a general diet plan. So for a weight loss challenge to be successful, it must be based on the needs of each person.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I am a professional health and nutrition writer with extensive experience in the industry. My passion for sharing valuable insights on nutrition and wellness stems from over 15 years of personal training and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. My commitment to continuously educate myself on the latest trends and research in the field allows me to deliver high-quality content that is informative and engaging. My mission is to empower individuals to make informed decisions about their health and well-being through my writing.